Endodontic Retreatment | Long Beach
With the appropriate care, your teeth that have had endodontic treatment will last as long as other natural teeth. Yet, a tooth that has received treatment may fail to heal or pain may continue to exist.
Improper healing may be caused by:
- Curved or narrow canals that were not treated during the initial treatment.
- Complicated canals that went undetected during the initial treatment.
- The crown or restoration was not placed within the appropriate amount of time following the procedure.
- The crown or restoration that did not prevent saliva from contaminating the inside of the tooth.
Root Material Placed
In some cases, new problems can influence a tooth that was successfully treated:
- New decay can expose a root canal filling material, causing infection.
- A cracked or loose filling or crown can expose the tooth to new infection.
Once retreatment has been selected as a solution to your problem, the doctors will reopen your tooth to gain access to the root canal filling material. This restorative material will be removed to enable access to the root canal. The doctors will now clean your canals and carefully examine the inside of the problematic tooth. Once cleaned, the doctors will fill and seal the canals and place a temporary filling in the tooth.
At this point, you will need to return to your dentist as soon as possible in order to have a new crown or restoration placed on the tooth to restore full functionality.
Endodontic Video: Retreatment Explained
Patient Reviews: Endodontic Retreatment
Please read testimonials from our patients below. We invite you to visit our online patient review survey to leave a review about your endodontic retreatment experience with Long Beach Endodontix. Call our office if you would like more information: Long Beach Endodontix Office Phone Number 562-548-3630.
We invite you to read and leave reviews on our Google listings for our Long Beach office.
Long Beach Endodontix
Patient Review by Hilda B
Dr. Vahora was amazing! Not only did he ease my anxiety while I was in the office, but he also explained what procedure needed to be done and what my options were. His voice was so soothing that it helped get rid of my anxiety!!! Thank you doctor!!!
- Hilda B